Principles Of Quality Management Systems
ISO 9001:2015 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS).
Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. It is the most popular standard in the ISO 9000 series and the only standard in the series to which organizations can certify.
The ISO 9001:2015 standard is based on seven quality management principles that senior management can apply for organizational improvement.
The 7 Quality Management Principles
In brief, these are:
- Customer focus - The primary focus of quality management is to meet customer requirements and to strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Leadership - Leaders at all levels establish unity of purpose and direction and create conditions in which people are engaged in achieving the quality objectives of the organization.
- Engagement of People - It is essential for the organization that all people are competent, empowered and engaged in delivering value. Competent, empowered and engaged people throughout the organization enhance its capability to create value.
- Process Approach - Consistent and predictable results are achieved more effectively and efficiently when activities are understood and managed as interrelated processes that function as a coherent system.
- Improvement - Successful organizations have an ongoing focus on improvement.
- Evidence-based Decision Making - Decisions based on the analysis and evaluation of data and information are more likely to produce desired results.
- Relationship Management - For sustained success, organizations manage their relationships with interested parties, such as suppliers.
So, how can your organization build a system that is based on the above 7 principles?
Talk to us and let's work together to create a solid management system for your organization. Send an email to enquiriesamenconsulting.co.tz with your query or fill in this form and we will get back to you. You can also WhatsApp or call +255 676 877 995.