ISO 27001:2013 – Information Security Management System
You simply can’t be too careful when it comes to information security. Protecting personal records and commercially sensitive information is critical. So how do you ensure that you have an information system that guarantees you the safety you seek? By obtaining ISO 27001:2013 certification.
ISO 27001 is the international standard which is recognized globally for managing risks to the security of information you hold. Certification to ISO 27001 allows you to prove to your clients and other stakeholders that you are managing the security of your information.
ISO 27001:2013 (the current version of ISO 27001) provides a set of standardized requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The standard adopts a process based approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, maintaining, and improving your ISMS.
The ISO 27001 standard and ISMS provides a framework for information security management best practice that helps organizations to:
- Protect client and employee information
- Manage risks to information security effectively
- Achieve compliance with regulations
- Protect the company’s brand image
By achieving certification to ISO 27001 your organization will be able to reap numerous and consistent benefits including:
- Keeping confidential information secure.
- Providing customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Providing a secure platform for the exchange of information
- Helps you to comply with other regulations
- Providing you with a competitive advantage above your competitors.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Your ability to manage and minimize risk exposure
- Building a culture of security
- Protection of the company, its assets, shareholders and directors
What industries implement ISO 27001:2013?
Now that you know the benefits of ISO 27001 Certification, who then should be certified?
TISO 27001:2013 is suitable for any organization, large or small, in any sector. The standard is especially suitable where the protection of information is critical, such as in the banking, financial, health, public and IT sectors. The standard is also applicable to organizations which manage high volumes of data, or information on behalf of other organizations such as data centers and IT outsourcing companies.
Would you like to know how to go about acquiring certification for this standard? Feel free to get in touch with us